Collecting Personal Information
This section describes the information we collect, including information that you provide to us, information automatically collected and information from third parties. We may combine information that we collect via one method (e.g., a website, our digital advertising) with information that we have collected via another method (e.g., an offline event). We do this to get a more complete view of our consumers, which, in turn, allows us to serve you better and with more customization.
When you visit our site, we collect certain information about your device, your interaction with the Site, and information necessary to process your purchases. We may also collect additional information if you contact us for customer support.
Our site collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device ("personal information"). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA), clinical trial data, or other qualifying research data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: We require this information in connection with your potential engagement of our Site and Services or purchase of our products, as well as for website functionality and marketing & advertising purposes. We use this information in compliance with our legal obligations, and solely to manage and administer our business effectively. Also to perform analytics on usage and site optimization. This information is not sold to any third-parties or shared for valuable consideration. However, we may share your information with Google and Meta through Google Pixel and Meta Pixel, and/or other similar search engine or social media platforms, to serve our advertisements to our users who later visit sites within Meta and Google's ad networks, or other similar ad networks. We also may provide your email address to Google and Meta, or other similar search engine or social media platforms, to create look-a-like audiences on their platforms.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels. If you make purchases through a Site; join a loyalty program; enter a contest or promotion; social media and blogs; submit a customer service request, consumer survey, photo, video or product review; sign up to receive emails or other offers or communications, we collect and store the information provided. This information includes personal information such as your name, social media handle, email, telephone number, and home address.You may also be asked for demographic information (such as age, product preferences, beauty needs, zip code) or location information.
- Device Identifiers: A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a web site or its servers, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. For mobile devices, a Device Identifier is a unique string of numbers and letters stored on your mobile device that identifies it. We may use a Device Identifier to, among other things, administer the Site; help diagnose problems with our servers; analyze trends; track users' web page movements; help identify you and your shopping cart; deliver advertising and gather broad demographic information.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify, MailChimp, Meta, and Google. This information is not sold to any third-parties or shared for valuable consideration. However, we may share your information with Google and Meta through Google and Meta pixel, and/or other similar search engine or social media platforms, to serve our advertisements to our users who later visit sites within Meta and Google's ad networks, or other similar ad networks.
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you and fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. We do not collect sensitive personal information or personal information of minors. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
USE AND SHARING OF INFORMATION
EDH SIGNATURE LLC and its brands use information collected for a variety of business purposes such as:
- Providing you with tailored content, services, advertisements and offers from our brands;
- Responding to your questions and providing news and updates from our brands, about our products, services and loyalty programs;
- Providing you with access to features of the Site;
- Verifying your identity;
- Fulfilling product purchases;
- Communicating about your account(s) and activities on the Site;
- Sending notice of changes to our policies;
- Improving the effectiveness of our Site, customer service and product offerings;
- To conduct research and analytics related to our operations;
- To protect our legal rights and interests and enforce our Terms and Conditions;
- Processing applications and transactions;
- Posting your content and consumer reviews on the Site, our social media pages and related third party sites that retail or feature our brand and products;
- Contacting you about content shared by you about our brand and products. We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties outside of EDH SIGNATURE LLC for our own independent marketing or business purposes without your consent unless for the following limited purposes:
Third Parties Providing Services On Our Behalf: We share your Personal Information with third parties that perform functions on our behalf (or on behalf of our partners) such as service providers that host or operate our Site; provide analytics and site usage information; process transactions and payments; fulfill orders or provide customer service; loyalty program administration; redemption; advertisers; sponsors or other third parties that participate in or administer our promotions, contests, sweepstakes, surveys or provide marketing or promotional assistance. We may share information with our subsidiaries, sponsors, partners, advertisers or other third parties to provide you with product information and promotional and other offers, to help maintain and operate the Site or for other reasons related to the operation of our business, including but not limited to the fulfillment of purchases, promotional offers and administering contests. We may also share non-identifying information, such as aggregate statistics or usage information, with third parties.
Your Agreement To Have Your Content, Ratings and Reviews Shared: Your submissions are helpful to many parties including other consumers, retailers and manufacturers. Overall, they help improve the quality of the shopping experience, products and services. Anything you submit to our Site may be used for advertising purposes, social media pages and posted to related, third party websites that retail or feature our brands and products, including other websites in our network, in addition to the website that you originally submitted. Accordingly, please do not post anything that you do not want to share with the general public (for example, financial information, social security number, etc.). Thanks for your contribution!
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
ADVERTISING/TARGETED ADVERTISING; HOW TO OPT-OUT
We may disclose your personal data to our marketing agency and other suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the provision of their services. We license technology to serve advertisements on its own Sites and within its content as that content is served across the Internet. In addition, we may use third parties to serve advertisements on the Sites and around the web, measure the performance of the Sites and the viewing of our content and provide analytics services. These ad network providers, advertisers, sponsors and/or analytics service providers may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies on your Device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you, including Usage Information. We and our network advertisers may target advertisements for products and services in which you might be interested based on your visits to both the Sites and other websites or based on location data, from your Device. We may use a variety of companies to serve advertisements.
Consumers may opt-out of future sales at any time.
To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us using our contact details below or by visiting the following Internet Web page link: email@example.com or https://ericheckstall.com/pages/contact-us
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you.
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your personal information to provide you services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not control certain privacy settings and preferences maintained by our social media partners like Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter. If you wish to make changes to those settings and preferences, you may do so by visiting the settings page of the appropriate social media site.
In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain personal information you have submitted through the Site. We are under no obligation to store such personal information indefinitely and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such personal information. In addition, you should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons.
Automatically Collected Information
Site Usage Information: EDH SIGNATURE LLC and its third-party service providers may also use a variety of technologies that passively or automatically collect information about how the Site is accessed and used ("Usage Information"), including but not limited to your browser type, device type, operating system, application version, the pages served to you, the time you browse, preceding page views, and your use of features or applications on the Site.
Device Identifiers: EDH SIGNATURE LLC also automatically collects an IP address or other unique identifier information ("Device Identifier") for the computer, mobile device, technology or other device (collectively, "Device") you use to access the Site or on third party websites that publish our advertising. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a web site or its servers, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. For mobile devices, a Device Identifier is a unique string of numbers and letters stored on your mobile device that identifies it. We may use a Device Identifier to, among other things, administer the Site; help diagnose problems with our servers; analyze trends; track users' web page movements; help identify you and your shopping cart; deliver advertising and gather broad demographic information.
Cookies: Like many websites, we use "Cookies," which are data files placed on a web browser when it is used to visit the Site to facilitate site navigation and to personalize your experience, including tailoring advertisements. Cookies may also be used to associate you with social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter and, if you so choose, enable interaction between your activities on the Site and your activities on such social networking sites.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; or set your browser to automatically not accept any cookies. However, please be aware that some features and services on our Site may not work properly because we may not be able to recognize and associate you with your account. In addition, the offers we provide when you visit us may not be as relevant to you or tailored to your interests. To learn more about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Pixels or Web Beacons: We use pixel tags or web beacons, which are transparent graphic images placed on a web page or in an email and indicate that a page or email has been viewed or tell your browser to get content from another server. We may share your information with Google and Meta through Google and Meta pixels to serve our advertisements to our users who later visit sites within Meta and Google's ad networks. We also provide your email address to Google and Meta to create look-a-like audiences on their platforms. If you do not want your information to be shared with third-parties please opt-out. Some browsers have a "do not track" feature that lets you tell those websites you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time, we do not respond to browser "do not track" signals.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS, CHOICE AND ACCESS
You may change your preferences and unsubscribe from email services from our brands by: (i) modifying your registered user information on the Site; (ii) contacting us at email@example.com; or (iii) following the unsubscribe instructions in the communication that you receive.
You may at any time opt out from push notifications.
Subject to certain limitations, you have the following rights with respect to your personal information:
1. Right to Know and Data Portability. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months (the "right to know"). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We will delete or de-identify personal information not subject to one of these exceptions from our records and will direct our service providers to take similar action.
3. Right to Correct. You may also ask us to correct inaccurate personal information that we have about you.
4. Right to Opt Out of Targeted Advertising or Sale. You may ask us to stop using your personal information for targeted advertising. Please see the Advertising/Targeted Advertising; How To Opt-Out.
5. Right Against Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights.
6. Right to Limit Use of Sensitive Information. In some circumstances you may ask to stop or otherwise limit the use of your sensitive information. We do not collect sensitive personal information from you.
7. Right to Appeal. This right provides you with the opportunity to appeal a decision made by us in connection with a rights request.
Response Timing and Format. You may exercise your right to know, delete, or correct your personal information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days. We endeavor to substantively respond to a verifiable consumer request within thirty (30) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to another 30 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We may ask you for additional information to help us verify your identity, including by asking you to confirm other personal information you have provided to us. We may deny your request for reasons permitted by law, including our inability to verify your identity. If we deny your request, we will tell you why we did so.
Subject to certain restrictions, you may have an agent exercise your rights for you. If you have an agent exercising your rights, that person must provide to us your written authorization allowing them to make such a request on your behalf. We reserve the right to deny the agent's request if we are not reasonably able to confirm proper authorization and/or verify your identity as the requestor.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Other California Privacy Rights. California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: 119 Olde Town Place #205 Mooresville, NC 28117 Attn: Eric Heckstall Customer Service/Privacy Issue
For users residing in Colorado, Connecticut, Utah and Virginia, in addition to the rights that are available to residents of California, if you are a resident of one of these states, you may also have the right to:
- Opt out of the processing of your personal data for the purposes of targeted advertising and for profiling in furtherance of decisions, including, for residents of Connecticut, solely automated decisions, that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
- Appeal any decision or indecision related to the exercise of any right the consumer is granted under the applicable state law.
To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, contact us at https://ericheckstall.com/pages/contact-us.
If you are a resident of Nevada, you also have the right to request that a company not sell your personal data for monetary consideration to certain other parties. This right applies even if your personal data is not currently being sold.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights under applicable law (including the right to appeal), please use our contact details provided. email@example.com
Specific Cookie Information
STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
|Used in connection with access to admin.
|Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.
|Used in connection with shopping cart.
|Used in connection with checkout.
|Used in connection with checkout.
|Used in connection with checkout.
|Used in connection with checkout.
|Used in connection with customer login.
|Used in connection with customer login.
|Used to facilitate updating customer account information.
Reporting and Analytics
|Track landing pages
|Track landing pages
|Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.
|Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioral Advertising” section above.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which we collect and use your information described here, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Postal Address:119 Olde Town Place #205 Mooresville, NC 28117 United StatesLast updated: September 11, 2023